Cabinet approves Industrial Corridor nodes at Krishnapatnam and Tumakuru under CBIC
- Cabinet has approved Industrial Corridor nodes at Krishnapatnam and Tumakuru under Chennai Bengaluru Industrial Corridor (CBIC).
- Multi Modal Logistics Hub & Multi Modal Transport Hub (MMTH) at Greater Noida was also approved.
- The approved proposals have a total estimated cost of Rs. 7,725 crore and an estimated employment generation of more than 2.8 lakh persons.
- These will facilitate manufacturing investments into the country by providing quality, reliable, sustainable and resilient infrastructure to industries
- These will also position India as a strong player in Global Value Chains with developed land parcels in cities for immediate allotment for attracting investments
- Approved proposals shall provide an impetus to “Aatmanirbhar Bharat” & “Make in India”.
Multi Modal Logistics Hub
- Logistics Hub project will be developed as a world-class facility that will provide efficient storage of goods to/from the Dedicated Freight Corridors (DFC).
- It will offer a one-stop destination to freight companies and customers.
- The facility will provide standard container handling activities.
- It will also provide various value-added services to reduce logistics cost with improved efficiency of operations.
Multi Modal Transport Hub (MMTH) project
- It will be located near the already existing Indian Railways station of Boraki.
- It will act as a transport hub with provisioning of Rail, Road and MRTS accessibility for the passengers in a seamless manner.
- MMTH will have space for Inter State Bus Terminal (ISBT), Local Bus Terminal (LBT), Metro, commercial, retail & hotel space and green open spaces.
- The project will provide world-class passenger movement facilities for the growing population of the catchment zone catering to upcoming developments in U.P. sub-region of the NCR and thus, decongest Delhi.
- It will increase employment opportunities as well.
- Industrial Corridor nodes at Krishnapatnam and Tumakuru under CBIC
- It is envisioned on the backbone of major transportation corridors like Eastern & Western Dedicated Freight Corridors, Expressways and National Highways, proximity to ports, airports, etc.,
- Objective: Creation of greenfield industrial cities with sustainable, ‘plug n play’, ICT enabled utilities to facilitate the manufacturing investments by providing quality, reliable, sustainable and resilient infrastructure to industries.
- The developed land parcels in these cities will be ready for immediate allotment for attracting investments.
- It strives to attain the objective of creation of an “Atmanirbhar Bharat”
- These greenfield industrial cities will be self-sustained with world-class infrastructure, road and rail connectivity for freight movement to and from ports and logistic hubs along with reliable power and quality social Infrastructure.
Leave a Reply